7 Tips for Fitness Success in 2015
January is not over yet, so technically there is still time to set your fitness and nutrition goals for the New Year. From this point forward, you have 11+ months to make those goals and with a determined attitude, good habits in place, and a supportive community around you, you can DO it! Here are some tips to help make that happen:
- 30 days and you are good! Behavioral research has shown again and again that a new habit is set if you can commit to it for 30 days. Start a fitness tracking calendar to maintain for 30 days and hold yourself accountable. You WILL see change!
- Buddy up! There is strength in numbers and that works in fitness/lifestyle changes as well. Sit down together and talk over your goals. Find ways to touch during the day to encourage one another and hold each other to the plan. And of course, workout together a couple of times a week if schedules can make that work.
- Write it down! You must set your goals and steps on how to get there and set it on paper or digitally. It makes it more of a commitment for you
- Get rid of temptation! Clean out your cabinets and secret stashes of those foods that sideline you. Start clean and fresh.
- Plan ahead! Have your healthy shopping list with you at all times and do some food prep the night before so in the morning on your way out the door, you can just grab healthy options and remove the likelihood of falling into bad choices when you get hungry later on in the day.
- Pack your bag! Have that gym bag packed or workout clothes and gear set out the night before so you will attack it first thing in the morning.
- Visualize! Spend moments each day visualizing yourself finishing that tri, completing a long ride, or fitting into those skinny jeans. Whatever it is you are shooting for, take time each day to visualize it happening.
Be determined, be purposeful, and believe in yourself, you can make it happen and when December 2015 rolls around, you will see the results and can say you stuck with it.