What Are You Thankful For?
Sitting at home on a snowy Thanksgiving Eve, it is easy to think of many things to be thankful for. I thought I might share them with you and I hope you’ll leave a note below about what you’re most thankful for.
I’m overwhelmed with gratitude when I sit back and think about everything I could list below, but I think I can narrow it down to 6 things. Here goes:
1. I am thankful for my clients. I almost wrote, “I am thankful for my business.” But, really it’s my clients who make my business amazing. Everyday. I love you guys. It is a pleasure and privilege to work with such fun, dynamic people each day. I am so grateful for the energy and enthusiasm you share with me. I constantly think I have to be the luckiest trainer in the world, because I truly adore my clients. I love being a part of your lives and I love the relationships we share. YOU are the best part of my job, hands down!
2. I am grateful for my mentors. I have had the amazing fortune of finding some unbelievable mentors. These people guide me as I build my business. They make me a better trainer and a better business owner. Because of them my business has evolved tremendously over the years. I am able to offer many services to accommodate a multitude of clients. Many of you don’t know this, but I almost walked away from my business a couple years ago. Yup, little secret. . . . there was a period after the economy crashed when I got pretty freaked out. I thought about walking away from personal training. I thought about becoming a dental hygienist. My mom and husband said they really couldn’t see me as a hygienist. Thank God I listened to them. It was during this time that I found my mentors. They have changed everything about my business.
3. I am thankful to be a free girl. It means everything to me that I live in a country where, as a woman, I can do anything I want. I am not limited by my government or an employer. I can build a business. I can be an athlete. I can be as successful as my husband. I can swear. I can spit. I only have to wear a dress if I want to. It’s really easy to take these things for granted. It’s so important to remind myself that I cannot be me in very many countries. I am very happy and proud to be me.
4. I am thankful for my health and my body. Sure there are things I would like to change, nip here, tuck there. But I am so grateful to be strong and powerful. I love that I can run for two hours without stopping. I love that I can move heavy weights. I love that I can see muscles in my arms and legs and back. So, even though I have body insecurities like anyone else, I’m very grateful for how my body can perform.
5. I am thankful for my family and friends. There’s an awesome quote by Marilyn Monroe, “”I’m selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I’m out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can’t handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best.” I am incredibly blessed to have family and friends who stand by me even when I’m very selfish, impatient and immature. It happens more than you think. I blame it on the red hair. I am blessed to have parents and a sister who give me more credit than I deserve. They give me incredible love and support. This makes me work hard each and every day to make them proud.
6. I am thankful for my husband and my dog. At the end of every day I come home to Vince and Dani. Regardless of the day or the circumstances they are happy to hug me and hang with me. My husband believes in me far more than I believe in myself. So I work everyday to be the person he sees in me. Dani believes in me too. But mostly she just hopes that if she pretends to be my best friend she’ll get to go on more runs and eat more treats. These two make me bring me joy everyday. I cannot imagine life without them.
Ok, your turn! What are you thankful for?